Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Stress is what it's all about

Really got 'inspired' these days, like today. 

Maybe I've forgotten the aim of this blog - to share my daily life and thoughts, especially things that I do to try to 'live for the day'. Maybe too many worries? Too much unhappiness shown here? What has inspired me to have reflection like that is:

1) I have participated in a study about depression at the uni and today I went there to do some computer tasks. While some of the tasks were interesting, I was led to wonder about why I had felt so anxious, especially when the researcher tried to assess my mood today. I think I can be positive and strong but it's just that I've been overwhelmed by those negative thoughts and stress! 

2) I saw the dermatologist this afternoon. As I had seen a specialist (in a different area of health problems) before, I knew that I shouldn't expect much. I did hope, before the appointment, that my skin problems could somehow be solved. I told him about all the symptoms I had got about my skin. After listening to all those, he had a brief look at my skin. Then he said my problems are not serious and there was nothing to worry about! I should forget those little problems! =_=' He said I might have STRESS RASH! He seemed to be suggesting that stress was the main, underlying cause of my skin problems! So nothing to be followed up. All I can do was to de-stress myself and maybe take antihistamine tablets if necessary. The dermatologist was the 3rd doctor here that asked me to relax. =_=' Have I been very stressed?? To be honest, I can't believe (and am not aware of) stress has taken its toll on me to such an extent. So all my health problems are down to one cause - STRESS!? I felt a bit ashamed of myself after seeing the dermatologist, thinking that I had worried too much and I had had a lot of different medical tests done! :(  Anyway, at least now I can be a bit relieved that my skin problems are not serious. 

3) I went shopping alone after seeing the dermatologist (I got a 'free' bus ticket! :p). I was like doing some 'exploration' - took some new bus routes to go to a supermarket on my own (the supermarket was 30 minute bus trip from home). Doing shopping in the supermarket reminded me of my shopping trips with someone before. No reduced prices yet on pies, bread, roast chicken, vegetables etc when I went there. I have been on my own the whole day and I wonder if I'm back to my life in old days of being alone. An enjoyable shopping trip though!

As soon as I got back home, I started worrying about my meeting with the professor and HR dept for a job that I may be offered! I have to stop my thoughts on it. I guess in the rest of the week I have to try to keep myself busy so as to distract my attention to it! 

Lunch at Subway - £3 deal with a cup of tea and meatball subway

Dinner: It consisted of 3 dishes! 'Kai Lan' + 苦瓜炒蛋 + Japanese curry chicken! :) 

The vouchers given for participation in the study

My healthy snack corner! Fruit, snacks, honey, tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment