Sunday, 19 August 2012

My summer holiday so far...

Only two weeks to go before my summer 'holiday' ends..

I have been enjoying my summer holiday:
1) Spent a lot of time doing household work, such as cleaning different parts of the house and kitchen utensils. I can now understand why my mum used to tell us every day to brush and clean the floor, and how hard it is to be a housewife! I also spent a lot of time cooking food, especially Chinese soup! The ingredients mum had bought me were so useful. :)  I've got a lot to learn about Chinese soup and its therapeutic effects.

2) Doing shopping. With so much 'free' time, I sometimes would spend hours trying to find the most suitable kettle at a reasonable price! Often I'd go to different supermarkets, such as Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Aldi at different towns and compare their prices!

3) Explored the areas near my house. Since I moved to my new place, I bought monthly bus tickets each month, which enabled me to take bus unlimited times. So I took this chance to explore the areas near my place, which was sometimes like an adventure!

4) Reading. I've finished reading a few books that some of my friends lent to me. The reading process was quite enjoyable and I like to sit at a coffee shop, read a book an sip a cup of my favourite mocha/hot chocolate. Such a free time to meditate too..

5) VIP and friends' gatherings. I met up with a university classmate and a primary school classmate who travelled to UK from HK this summer. Nice chats. Also met up with some old colleagues to catch up. Not to mention the precious time with VIP. :)

Feel like doing some travel before the summer holiday ends! I want to broaden my mind/horizons...

Wish my holiday could be longer.. :P (so greedy!)

My new kettle!! It has a water filter and the water does taste better!:)

Treated myself with 3 dishes and one soup the other day :)

I like my halogen oven cooker! So easy to cook food!
The sausage, salmon and potatoes were baked in it.

Found Mediterranean bread from Asda the other day, which was nice! 
Ate it with eggs..

No comments:

Post a Comment