Wednesday, 19 February 2014

por por shen沈婆婆


今天如常去某社區中心的學習中心上網。 通常在電腦房的常客有兩位(除了我之外), '睡覺女士'(她的耳朵在聽著電腦上的香港無線翡翠台的電視劇, 但她的眼睛和身體告訴我她是睡著了!)和為支持中國電視和電影而來下載的'雪梨女士'(因為我覺得她輪廓和聲線酷似香港演員雪梨姐!)。今天雪梨女士沒有來, 只有睡覺女士。還有一位等待學習中心的'電腦專家'的沈婆婆。沈婆婆是說普通話的。我難得有機會練習我很久沒用的普通話,所以跟沈婆婆聊天。沈婆婆一個人住, 兒子和媳婦在其他地方居住和工作。所以她說電腦有問題的時候, 她都不知道找誰幫忙。其實我對沈婆婆頗有印象, 她是少數在曼城居住而說普通話的老人家; 之前她拿著腦素描的報告找人幫她翻譯成中文; 可惜我對醫學名稱的認識太少, 幫不上忙。跟大部份老人家一樣, 沈婆婆說話有時是重複的; 她很有禮貌(好像她以前在中國是教書的?!) 。跟沈婆婆聊天是頗輕鬆, 她的臉是常帶著笑容的。今天她最令我深刻印象的話是,我前幾年是紮紮跳, 這幾年卻好像常常看來很疲倦似的! :(

Today I sent to the Learning Centre of a local community centre for internet. There are two frequent visitors to the learning centre (besides me): 'Sleeping lady' (who is asleep while she has the headphone on with a Hong Kong TV drama being shown at the computer) and 'Ms Pear' (because she looks like a Hong Kong actress whose name is called 'Chinese Pear'!). Today Ms Pear didn't come. There were only Sleeping Lady and Por Por Shen. Por Por Shen was waiting for the IT expert of the Learning Centre. Por Por Shen speaks Mandarin. Since I hadn't spoken Mandarin for a while, I grasped this opportunity to chat with her so as to practise my Mandarin. Por Por Shen lives alone as her son and daughter-in-law live and work elsewhere. That's why whenever she has any problem with her laptop, she doesn't know where to get help. I have a certain impression of Por Por Shen, as she is one of a few of Mandarin-speaking elderly who live in Manchester. Some time ago she was looking for someone to help her translate the report of her brain scan. Too bad I have very little knowledge of medical terms. Just like many elderly, Por Por Shen sometimes repeats what she says; she's very polite (as she used to be a teacher in China?). It was quite relaxing to speak to Por Por Shen, who always carries a smile. Today she said that, I used to be an energetic person but these few years she noticed I looked tired. :(


上週末煮了'炸菜蒸豬肉' - 一餸兩味, 分了兩餐吃(午餐伴飯, 晚餐伴麵)
Last weekend I made steamed pork with pickled vegetables, 
which I ate for lunch and dinner with rice and noodles respectively


No comments:

Post a Comment