Tuesday, 13 May 2014

My 'green' meals 我的'綠色'膳食

現在香港流行'綠色星期一' - 逢星期一素食。其實我曾經也嘗試全面素食(年輕時為了減肥!), 不過我發現自己不夠營養。現在的我學懂均衡飲食, 有吃肉吃魚吃菜, 不過盡量吃少一點紅肉, 多吃魚和菜/水果。確實有時覺得吃肉多了, 下一餐只吃蔬菜, 感覺人沒那麼'重'。而且因為我的風癩問題, 我是應該少吃點肉。我在香港時看的中醫建議我戒吃雞, 羊, 蝦蟹筍 - 那就只剩下豬牛魚, 但我不喜歡英國豬的那陣'豬'味, 而有些人說牛肉都是比較'毒'; 所以現在我在家做飯, 多數煮三文魚, 和火雞肉(雖然都是雞的一種!?)。我不太懂煮素菜 - 我有點懷疑自己對豆腐和奶類食品有過敏, 所以煮素菜時又少了點選擇(雖然我偶爾還是會煮豆腐!)。

Nowadays in HK, the concept of 'Green Monday' is popular - every Monday people become vegetarian. In fact I did try to be a 'full-time' vegetarian (when I was trying to lose weight during my youth) but I found that I didn't have enough nutrition. Now I have learnt to have a balanced diet, eating meat, fish and vegetables; but I also try to eat less meat but more fish and vegetables & fruit. Actually sometimes I feel 'lighter' when I eat vegetables only after having too much meat. Also because of my urticaria, I should eat less meat. The Chinese medicine doctor that I was seeing in Hong Kong suggested me avoid eating chicken, lamb, shrimp, crab and bamboo shoots - there leave pork, beef and fish, but I don't like the smell of pork in the UK, and some people say beef are also very 'toxic', so now when I cook at home, I mostly cook fish and turkey (even though turkey is also a kind of chicken?!). I don't know how to cook a vegetarian meal - and sometimes I suspect I am allergic to tofu and diary products, so when I cook a vegetarian meal I have less choice (even though I do sometimes cook tofu!). 

 Vegetables in curry sauce with rice and boiled egg!

 Rice with mixed beans, vegetables and egg!

 Pasta in soup with vegetables and egg! 
(Noticed that I always have eggs in my vegetarian meals?! :P)

Rice with mixed beans & sweet potatoes & other vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment