Monday, 5 May 2014

家庭主婦不易為Housewife is not an easy job

自從三年前離開了工作超過五年的機構後, 我都沒有再'全職'工作。修讀ACCA佔了一部份時間, 其餘時間我就過著家庭主婦般的生活! 即是, 每天忙著做飯, 買餸, 逛街, 做家務! 最初我還未接受失業的現實時, 我覺得做家庭主婦很無聊和浪費時間, 但是漸漸地因為生理和心理'生病', 我開始注重身體和研究養生之道, 覺得家庭主婦生活昨其實是讓我了解到何謂生活, 我愛上了這種讓自己作主的生活模式!

很多人認為家庭主婦的工作不外是買餸煮飯洗衫拖地等家務, 但說來容易, 真正地做起來時卻一點不簡單! 每天起床吃完一頓健康美味營養豐富的早餐後, 我要在出門前掃地, 弄好床鋪, 準備好晚餐的材料(例如浸糙米, 浸冬菇/杞子等等, 或將要溶雪的肉類從冰格放到冰箱裡去), 或是預先煲老火湯。買餸前, 我要計劃好未來數天或一星期的菜單(菜單要健康, 有均衡營養), 到那裡買餸/行程, 還有要格價, 留意那裡有優惠劵或特價 - 我通常去不同的超市買不同的材料。晚上做飯我通常都要花上一小時, 週末我會清潔浴室和馬桶, 用洗衣機洗衣服, 有時還要執拾一下房間。以前租住其他房子時, 我還要處理每月的水電費和地稅。有時我會上網看湯水食譜, 健康訊息, 中醫, 和西方營養。

總而言之, 個人認真努力地生活, 包含的不只是工作, 而是好好地處理生活的每一方面。我還領悟到, 做每一件事情都要專注地去做, 體現佛家所說的'活在當下'!

Since three years ago I left the organization that I served for 5 years, I have no longer worked 'full time'. Studying ACCA occupied part of my time and in the rest of my time I have been leading a life like that of housewives. That is, every day I'm busy cooking, buying food, doing shopping and doing housework! At the beginning when I still hadn't come to terms with the reality that I was unemployed, I thought being a housewife is boring and a waste of time; but gradually because of my physical and mental 'illness', I started paying attention to my body and studied how to live a life. I found that housewife life actually let me understand what life is about and I got to like this kind of life that allows me to gain control of my life.

Many people would think that what a housewife does is buy food, do cooking, do laundry and sweep the floor etc, but practically it is not easy at all! Every day after a healthy, tasty, nutritional breakfast, I will have to sweep the floor, sort out the bedding, prepare the ingredients for the dinner (e.g. soak the brown rice, mushroom or/and goji berries, etc., or put the frozen meat into the fridge from the freezer), or cook the Chinese style soup in advance. Before I do my food shopping, I have to plan the menus for the next few days/coming week (making sure the food is healthy and nutritional), where to go for food shopping, and also compare prices, paying attention to any vouchers or offers - usually I will go to different supermarkets for different ingredients. I usually spend an hour making dinner. On the weekends I will clean the shower room and the toilet, get my clothes washed by the washing machine, and sometimes need to tidy up my bedroom. In the past when I was living in other places, I also needed to sort out the bills for water, electricity and council tax. Sometimes I will look for soup recipes, information about health, Chinese medicine and nutrition on the internet.

To conclude, taking our life seriously is not just about work, but also about how to deal with everything (keep a balance). I also got inspired that we need to be focused when we do anything. That is what Buddhism says about 'living for the moment'!

 家庭主婦也有懶惰的時候 - 這個晚餐碟頭飯不用半小時便做好!

相比起上面那個懶人餐, 這個三文魚雜菜炒飯配蕃薯茸和Chicken Kiev
得用上一小時!

No comments:

Post a Comment