Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Christmas gathering with ex-colleagues

Christmas gathering with ex-colleagues again!

This was the 3rd year we ex-colleagues had Christmas gathering. In the previous two years we booked a table for Christmas dinner - a 3-course meal and we exchanged gifts. This year we seemed to get a bit lazy. We didn't book for Christmas dinner; we didn't exchange any gifts. Instead we just had dinner at a Japanese restaurant. It was still good because after all we just wanted to have a get-together and a nice evening with laughter.

I also met with my ex-employer (university one) and another ex-colleague of mine earlier in the day. I felt relaxed and happy to see them. They were people who wouldn't show a 'fake' smile to you while doing something bad to you.

The day ended with me having a bit of itchy and rash skin again! :(  Not sure if it was the food I had at a Chinese restaurant, or the chicken wings from a Chinese shop at Arndale Centre food court, or the food from the Japanese restaurant. The Chinese food seem to be the most potential suspects, though I can't exclude the Japanese food that may have something that I was allergic to...

*****

This was a gift I gave to my ex-employer.
Actually I did want to eat it myself.. 

Lunch: rice with tofu at a Chinese restaurant
Actually it tasted ok and it had my favourite (tofu)
But still I have phobia for Chinese restaurants here.. 

A gift from one of the ex-colleagues who has been enjoying cooking/baking
I wish I could cook/bake things like she does! 
Maybe I should think about baking again.. 

Finally the laneige sleeping pack!
I have heard about it for a long while and wanted to have it! 
Now I got it via my ex-colleague who had just come back from HK. 
Hope it'll help improve my skin.. :P

My favourite bento!
I like the box more than the food. 
The karage chicken was not as good as before. 

This was my ex-colleague's bento.
I like the salmon! :) 

Dessert: the ginger ice-cream was quite nice! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment