Christmas Day in this country is like the first day of Chinese New Year in Hong Kong. But in Hong Kong there're still some shops open while here, almost ALL shops are closed! Though I didn't go out today, I can feel how quiet it was on the street - there were only one or two cars in the back street of our flat and most of the cars in our carpark have gone. There used to be some 'banging' sounds from other flats when people open or close their doors but today I can't hear any! Anyway, how quiet it was outside didn't affect my day as I didn't go out anyway. Flatmate went out in the afternoon - I guess she may go to her friend's house to have Christmas turkey dinner?
I spent the day doing nothing but surfed the internet, watched some TV, had a nap (oh feel good these two days after having a nap!) and did cooking. My lower back pain seemed to come back and disturb my sleep. =_=' But that didn't affect me, especially in terms of cooking - Tonight's main course was baked chicken legs! I had thought of making 沙薑雞 or salty baked chicken based on the recipes on ricebowltales website but I didn't have time to buy all the ingredients - so I'd try it later and this time I used some sauce powder I had bought from Tesco. The chicken legs tasted ok but I think the sauce might be too fatty (with oil from the chicken legs and sauce powder); the sauce tasted a bit like gravy one! Though I didn't have turkey for Christmas, it was not bad to have a chicken leg instead. :)
One person's Christmas was also enjoyable!
Lunch: leftovers - fish pie, roasted potatoes, broccoli
This sauce helped me cook my chicken legs tonight!
It tasted a bit like gravy sauce..
It was done! :)
Dinner: chicken leg with vegetables :)
No comments:
Post a Comment