Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Nutrition deficiency again!

Non-productive day!

I got lazy again once I've finished my acca course and exams. I didn't do much but just sorted out some mess in my room and wrote my diary. I went to the GP clinic to ask about my blood test results. The reception lady printed it out for me, which is a good thing because later I found out that someone had made a mistake - the report from the lab said I had vitamin D deficiency but the person who read it made a note 'tell the patient the result is normal'! =_=' If I hadn't spotted this mistake, the doctor and I might have thought I was 'normal' (though I think I'd keep asking her about reasons for my problems anyway!). I talked to the female doctor about it when I saw her later in the afternoon. She noticed that and prescribed me some vitamin D tablets. She said it'd take longer (6 to 9 months) for my vitamin D level to get back to normal than it is for iron deficiency. :(  She reassured me that my problem is common and not serious. How come I have many different nutrition deficiencies?! Anyway, I guess I haven't had 'balanced' diet for a long while and those problems have been existing for quite a while till they've gone to a level that shows 'warning' symptoms to me! Maybe that's why I've been feeling weak - it's said that vitamin D deficiency can affect one's immune system, not just the bone health!

I guess all my health problems are attributable to my bad habits and '求其' lifestyle - not do things properly, e.g. eat too fast, not eat regularly, poor posture, stay up too late at night, .There's a news article saying most of the diseases/illnesses are caused by poor/bad habits! I can't agree with it any more. Time for me to correct those habits! I shouldn't take my health for granted..

Lunch: turkey with tofu & mushroom + Brussels sprouts
I'm tired of brussels sprouts these days! :P

Dinner: an economical meal! 
nice noodles for 15p & beansprouts for 10p from Waitrose!
Plus red, yellow & green peppers, salmon, mushroom & fridge raiders chicken.
It was a nice meal indeed! (I've also made 蓮藕綠豆薏米湯 but I've forgot to take a photo of it!)
I love home-made meals in winter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment