I grasped the last chance to go to the gym before it would be closed on Christmas and Boxing day. As expected, the gym was quieter than before - there were only one or two people when I got there. The city centre was also quite quiet in the early morning of Christmas Eve, though later it was getting a bit crowded with last minute shoppers. I was wondering if I should wait till after Christmas when there was sale but when I thought about how crowded and crazy it'd be on Boxing Day and the following few days, I decided to buy what I wanted - that included presents for VIP and for myself (M&S 2012 calendar!). Unlike before, I didn't buy an gifts for anyone else because of my lack of income. I bought a bit more foodstuff as I wanted to make myself some nice meals during Christmas. It seems I have been buying a lot of foodstuff every day but my fridge is not really full yet - does that mean I do eat a lot of things? :p
I went back home around 1 p.m. so as to avoid the crowds in the city centre. I had a long nap before waking up in the evening to prepare my Christmas Eve's meal! The main course was salmon en croute!! I tried to look for some recipes and like many other dishes, there were different 'versions' of how you make a salmon en croute. I just tried the simplest one and didn't add anything but the salmon only into the puff pastry, as I was not sure if it'd be successful. The pie turned out ok and I think it was not as difficult as I had first thought. :)
When I was about to finish my day with some TV, someone suggested going to a friend's house to drop off a gift that I had prepared for another friend of ours. It turned out we spent our first hour of the Christmas Day there as we chatted for a long time. A bit disappointed that Mcdonalds was not open (not surprising as it was Christmas!), as I got a bit high and wanted to eat something festive. :p
Anyway, it was a nice Christmas Eve.
Lunch: a 'plain' lunch as I wanted to save my 'quota' for the dinner :)
- rice with fish pie, fish mew and vegetables
Dinner: home-made salmon en croute!!
It tasted ok, though it didn't look nice..
No comments:
Post a Comment