Sunday, 29 January 2012

A cold day for CNY celebration at city centre

Felt lazy today. Too cold to go out.

But I did go out, as I had to volunteer at the art gallery for their Chinese New Year event. Most of the people who came to our 'stall' at the art gallery were children with their families. There were a few Chinese as well. My role was simple - just interpreted for the elderly who'd introduce the Chinese objects displayed but in fact most of the time it was me who did the talking and to be honest, I didn't know much about those Chinese objects (e.g. the meaning behind some patters/pictures)! The Chinatown was so crowded when I went out for lunch, as people were watching the lion dance and 'dragon'. I wasn't as much interested in the Chinatown celebration - maybe to me it's still different, especially me without families and friends around..

I'd like to stay in my bed once I got back home - I had a short nap but I still had to go out again - went to a 'free' dinner with two friends at a casino. The Chinese food buffet was surprisingly good! There was a long queue at the casino! After the dinner, we watched lion dance, Tai Chi, 'face changing' and some other performance before my friends gave me a lift back home.

The weather's getting colder and colder..


Lunch: fish ball noodles at a local Chinese restaurant. 
It tasted ok but to be honest, I don't think it was worth the money in terms of service
and price (£5.90 + £0.5 service charge...)

Very unclear pictures of the 'free' dinner... :p


No comments:

Post a Comment