Saturday, 28 January 2012

Un-interesting volunteering?

In the past, I was so passionate about volunteering - I could spend hours and hours doing voluntary work for the organization where I used to work for some years. But have I changed? I don't think I'm as passionate as before - like today, one of my ex-colleagues, who's also a good friend of mine, asked me to help her workshop do interpreting for a few Mandarin speaking service users. I wasn't looking forward to it, partly because I thought my interpreting (language) skills had not been as good as before, and also I didn't find it interesting. :(  The workshop went ok but I didn't enjoy that much. Interpreting thoughts and artists ideas was challenging, interesting but I didn't enjoy it... 

I had fish & chips for both lunch and dinner today. I guess I might have eaten too many of them, that my throat started having pain and feeling dry. I guess it's time for me to make soup...

Lunch: fish & chips + pudding pie with chips

Dinner: fish & chips + cheese & bacon omelette

No comments:

Post a Comment