Being abroad without families, I sometimes feel homesick on such Chinese festival. On facebook most of my Chinese friends posted about their CNY blessings and photos of their reunion dinner. I do miss those Chinese food like Chinese carrot cakes (蘿蔔糕) and reunion dinner. I didn't really do anything to celebrate the coming of CNY. I woke up late as I stayed up late last night, had some leftover for lunch, met a friend to give him the bagels I had bought from Morrisons yesterday, played wii fit (oh, I sweat! But when I started feeling warm/hot, my body was itchy, which made me wonder if my female doctor's diagnosis is right, that I have heat rash??) and then made myself nice dinner! The CNY's eve was no different from other days to me. Tomorrow I will have to wake up early just to make a call to mum and brothers to greet them...
Lunch: leftovers - turkey mince with mushroom, 雪耳 from soup leftover, broccoli
Dinner: aubergines with turkey mince in bbq sauce!! (That was nice!) + 'pak choy'!
Dessert: panettone with gingseng tea!
No comments:
Post a Comment