Friday, 9 September 2011

1st job interview after last job

Finally I did the job interview and finished this week's class!

I woke up early as usual - checked email, washed up and then went out! I didn't do much preparation then though. When I got to the interview venue, I started getting nervous. I was the first interviewee getting there. The first interviewee before me wasn't there then yet and so one of the interviewers asked me to do the interview earlier than as scheduled (10:30 a.m.). I thought there were only 3 people on the interview panel as stated in their letter but it turned out there were 4 of them! =_=' Each one of them took turns to ask me questions. There were actually not many questions, probably about 6 questions that I had to answer. Maybe I didn't answer well and long enough that the interview looked a bit short?! I did ask them questions as well. When I came out of the interview room, there were already two other interviewees waiting! Generally speaking, I don't think I performed well - poor English, being too nervous, not answering well. Plus the fact that I can only work park time (need job share). All these sound like my chance of getting the job is very slim. :( Anyway, it's a good experience though. My first job interview since I finished my last job. When I answered the questions in the interview, I did feel that actually I had some good knowledge, experience and skills; it's just that I haven't got enough self-confidence, having been unemployed for a while (and confidence undermined by ex-employer)...

Actually I tried not to think about the job interview when I got back to kaplan for today's class. I went to the classroom just minutes before they started the break. I missed the chance to talk to the tutor about the register. Later when I asked the reception about the register, the lady said I couldn't sign it for the morning session because I went to the class later than 11 a.m. :(  Nevermind, just one absence should be ok...

To reward/cheer up myself after the interview, I went to Uncle Mcdonalds for lunch. I got a happy meal as I wanted to get a smurf :) The smurf I got doesn't have a happy face, which matched my mood today. =_=' Anyway, I was happy to get one more smurf for 'san san ma faan' family!

When the class finished, I felt a bit relieved. It's been a long week - 5 consecutive days of classes!! A lot to take in. It's no different from going to work for 5 days. I feel like I haven't got much time to do my own things this week and I was so tired to do anything after school every evening. Good that I can have a weekend to relax but I have to do food shopping (yeah!), do revision for the classes, do a job application, work on the anthology...

Lunch: happy to have happy meal! :)

Dinner: a mix of different things - mushroom omelette, mushroom chicken & 'pak choi'

New smurf was born! 

They are good friends! 

Koala is happy with smurfs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment