Monday, 12 September 2011

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!! Mine was a plain one without any mooncake or fruit for the festival.. Actually I almost forgot this festival!

A busy morning before going to school. I woke up to have a shower, then started working on a job application that was due at noon, and had to prepare my lunchbox. I had to set off by 9:15 a.m. or I'd be late for class as the tutor of today's class stated clearly last week that anyone later than 9:40 a.m. wouldn't be allowed into the class till the break at 11 a.m. During the break in the morning, I made use of the time by giving a call to mum to say 'Happy Mid-Autumn Festival' to her. She kept asking me what I'd like her to buy for me (so that my aunt and cousin who are travelling to the UK in December can bring them for me); I guess it's something that she's happy to do for me!? During the second break in the afternoon, I tried to make a call to the Chinese Embassy to find out if my new passport is ready for collection but no one answered the phone...

Today's class was about taxes on property income and employment income. Oh there're too many rules to remember!! :S And I had physical headache when I finished the class. It's not fun at all.

I've been thinking about my last week's job interview the whole day. I haven't heard any news about the results, but I assumed they offered the job to someone else since they said they'd make the decision today. It's not surprising that they didn't give me the job (considering my poor performance in the interview, my need for job share and visa problem) but still I couldn't help feeling disappointed (after all, the job fits what I want to do). I'd like to know why they didn't offer me the job so that I can improve myself for the future interviews. Anyway, that was my first job interview since I finished my last job and so not getting the job from the first interview is not uncommon. There should be other opportunities..

I met a little English girl, who looks like being at the age of 2 or 3, and was with her dad when I was waiting for a free shuttle bus back home. She looked at me, curious, and asked her dad 'Who is this?' haha! Her dad can't help laughing. When they got off the bus, she waved goodbye to me! Oh she was so cute! :) Maybe I should think about working with children as adolescents and adults are too complicated to deal with?!

Snack in class: mini moo moo chocolate chip cookies! :) 
It helped to cheer or wake me up! 

 Dinner: salmon with courgette & broccoli + scotch egg!

Lunch: salmon with courgette & broccoli
Simple and healthy  

2 comments: