Saturday, 17 September 2011

food shopping & eating - the most enjoyable things to do on weekends!

The most relaxing day of the week. Gym, food shopping, dining out...

It had been a week since I last went to gym. I started getting a bit lazy about doing gym. It does feel good when you get your sweat out and feel energetic and refreshed after gym followed by a shower. But the hassle of having to go and get changed and spend 30 minutes working on a machine makes me hesitate - does it sound like an excuse of those people not wanting to go to gym? :p Anyway, I have to remind myself of the benefits of doing exercises in order to keep me going...

After gym, I did food shopping for the coming week. I didn't buy all I needed in one go. Either because the supermarkets at city centre didn't have what I wanted or their prices were too high. I actually don't enjoy food shopping at the city centre since there are usually too many shoppers and I can't get any good bargains. Fortunately someone took me to Morrisons for food shopping in the evening - we got 9 bread for 9p in total (1p each!), pies/pastries and sandwiches at a reduced price, plus yoghurt, drinks, chicken pieces at a lower price than at other supermarkets! :) It was also relaxing to do food shopping in the evening when there were not many shoppers competing for bargains with us.

Someone's reminded me that I should have started doing networking earlier in order to find a job to stay here...

 Lunch: very simple - just chicken in home-made black pepper sauce & broccoli

Dinner at Morrisons: very filling - 1) cheese & bacon omelette (yummy!) 

Dinner at Morrisons: 2) hunter's chicken  - yummy but the sauce was a bit too salty!

Gutsy junior was born! He took a photo with his twin brother! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment