Having had experience for two days of volunteering, I knew what I had to prepare - get myself to eat 'enough' and wear enough clothes, especially long slevees, since the hall where the workshop takes place seems to get some sort of air-conditoning. A few acnes that 'suddenly' came out this morning didn't help much though. :( My hair on the forehead got so long now that I needed to have a hair clip on. I look like a 'si lai' (師奶) or a little girl?! :p
Today's workshop was okay, though I'm not sure if there were fewer people than before. The staff in charge said this week was a bit quiet at the workshop. Maybe something to do with the riots?! There were not as many volunteers as before either. I worked with the same volunteer (whom I got to know on day 1) in the costume tent. But neither of us got anything to do there. It was our 'leader' who introduced the kids and their parents to the tent; that volunteer and I worked on our own creative works - she was trying to make a paper horse, while I was making a robe with a magic wane! Actually when our 'leader' asked us to try making something, I had no idea what I could make. I still don't feel like I have much connection with the workshop and its theme - making a story, since I still haven't got much interaction with the participants so far. But at least I got to know something about how a team works - actually I've seen a lot in terms of volunteer management! :) There's only two more weeks to go (five sessions).
The city centre was still full of police cars. It was as busy as always, though I can still see some shops being boarded up, including the entrance of the building where the old office of my previous employer was!
I seem to have been very unproductive this week...
*****
My creative works to day - a dress/garment with a magic wane at the front! :p
(It looks like a bag though!)
Its back
One of the tents
Dinner: fried pasta with salmon, mushroom and green beans :)
No comments:
Post a Comment