But there was noise from the neigbhours throughout the day. In the morning, I heard noises of some men arguing in Cantonese! Then later, there were noises of some ongoing works upstairs, till the evening! =_='
Back to gym in the morning. Wasn't much motivated though. Did some light exercise only. But felt better than having no exercise.
There was some email correspondence between MMU professor, my ex-employer and the funding body for my last project, about the upcoming meeting for 'communication strategy'. Professor suggested most of the team members, including me, doing the media training offered by the funding body. Oh no, I don't want to be in the spotlight!! :(
My October bride-to-be friend invited me to be (one of) the photographers on her wedding day! Cool! My 450d will have a good day then! :) The second time I was a (non-professional) wedding photographer at the same venue. Can't wait for it! :p But what am I gonna wear this time?...
I met up with a lecturer from University of Manchester who was interested to know more about the local Chinese community. She was nice and treated me a cup of tea at Cafe Nero. :p Conversation with her reminded me a bit of my phd thesis. She encouraged me to publish some articles. But I'm not sure if I'd like to go back to the academia and I'm not confident in my phd thesis. It's not good enough for having a place in any academic journal... But somehow talking to her does make me start to think about again my future career. I did feel a bit excited about offering to take her to Chinese Sunday schools for her research interests. Her mention about my phd supervisor, who had been seriously ill, did make me think about getting in touch with the latter. What am I going to do for my career? Something I should think about. Anyway, it's nice to make a new friend today.
Oh, felt like having a bowl of Japanese Ramen today. Don't know if it's because I have seen some recipes about Japanese noodles/soup before...
*****
Lunch: shallow fry pork chop with broccoli, carrots & potatoes!
Dinner: same thing as lunch. Spot any difference? :p
Walked past Waitrose on my way home.
Didn't find any good bargain. Saw this apricot & raspberry muffin being sold at a reduced price, 59p
But I still thought it was too expensive...
A new look of St. Mary Hospital; photo taken last week..
No comments:
Post a Comment