Friday, 17 June 2011

Back to my quiet life - not live for others

After a few stressful days for yesterday's ACCA exam, I was a bit calm and relaxed. It happened flatmate wasn't home last night till tonight. Today was more about doing non-exam things - saw my gp, went to gym, cleaned kitchen & shower room, etc. But back pain & numbness still came back now and then. Headache started in the afternoon - probably because I stayed up a bit late last night and woke up early as usual.

*****
I think I should think seriously about studying Chinese medicine, after numerous frustrating visits to my useless GP over the past 5 months. I'm a kind of persons who'd like to sort things out asap, rather than being in the dark and getting things delayed (though quite often I tend to avoid facing the problems at the beginning!). So instead of guessing and even worrying about what the symptoms from my body signal, I decided to go and see my useless GP this morning. Same as before, his attitude was 'your problem is no big deal and you can just let it go away or take medicine.' I asked him about my stomach; he said 'I had told you that there was no cancerous thing in it' and my hiatus hernia wouldn't pose any big problem, as long as I follow his 'advice'! Any symptom? Take medicine. My back pain? 'It may be your nerve got trapped' Take medicine (paracetamol)! Feet problem? Get a sole! Feel like I'm an idiot when I see him and ask him those stupid questions. Sigh, no wonder a friend of mine told her it's only us who can save ourselves. And western medicine cannot cure a problem...

*****

Talked to an ex-colleague on MSN last night about his relationship with his girlfriend who had gone back to Malaysia. He said if they were meant to be, then their relationship can survive in the challenge (of long distance), but she was expecting something improbable (like they got married, or he moved to Malay). He also said she was living her life for others (parents) and advised me not to give up and live for others but fight when I can. He's right. I have to make efforts and 'fight' for what I want. But that's really a big challenge. 

*****

My foodstock seems to have gone quickly (hmm, I still keep eating and eating these days!). Gonna do my shopping and continue 'training' on professional shopper under someone's 'supervision' tomorrow! :) And also gonna have dinner with some friends tomorrow evening - sometimes it's not easy to keep a balance between socializing/entertaining friends and having my own special quality time. 

*****

Lunch: macaroni in tomato soup with last night's left over (tofu with chicken) & broccoli
Seems my meals were a bit boring these days! 

Dinner: cheese burger with baked beans & broccoli

1 comment:

  1. Your friend is right in that people should live their own lives and not live the life that those 'other people' feel they should live.

    ReplyDelete