Monday, 27 June 2011

Spoiling immature people makes one suffer

What a hot day! But I chose to stay at home to do my ACCA revision - a bit of a waste of such good weather! :p Uncle Sunny woke me up around 7 a.m. but I could sleep till 8:30 a.m. Guess I was too tired yesterday (having walked a lot in hot weather). But staying home doesn't mean I'm ok coz flatmate's boyfriend was here the whole day! I felt like escaping when home's not home :(

This morning I found that a small part of the kitchen floor was flooded with soup - flatmate threw away a ready soup cup, which may still have some left when it was put into our rubbish bag (which had some holes!). She's careless sometimes.. I didn't plan to wrap up the mess because she should take the responsibility for it but at the end, I couldn't help it - I cleaned the floor and threw away the rubbish bag immediately, since the mess affected me (my poor slippers! :( ). It's a minor thing but that made me think about the facts that I have been spoiling my flatmate and also our little fight last night. She might have thought that she hasn't done anything wrong (e.g. let her boyfriend's stay and give him the key access to our flat, the frequent change of her moving out date) and she even thought she had been trying to do whatever she could for me (that's what she said last night..). But I don't think what she has done is 'appropriate'/right, though I have to admit that it's my fault that I have been spoiling her by not telling her directly what's gone wrong. Even on that little soup leaking thing this morning, I should have let her wrap up the mess. Today her boyfriend stayed in our flat, which reminded me of what my flatmate said last night that she wouldn't pay for the rent for the time when she will have moved out, but now her boyfriend's sharing our flat and I haven't charged him anything for bills or whatever! I feel like I'm her mother, who hasn't taught her well but spoiled her too much, and she hasn't learnt from her mistakes. *sigh* That's why children should sometimes learn the hard way or they'd never learn or get mature.

I don't need to be a mother to learn the parenting skills, and actually in many examples of interpersonal relationship we can learn a lot and apply the same skills to different people (whether it's our boss, our partner, our siblings). I always remember what a book that I have read before says, 'Your relationship with your family/parents is reflected in your relationship with your boss/colleagues.'

How can I not be upset by my flatmate again, whatever she does?

Oh by the way, last night I dreamt of my ex-employer and ex-colleagues again! Why why why?

*****

Lunch: burger with cheese & egg again! 

Dinner: a failed attempt of home-made lasagne :(
(the top layer was too dry, probably because of not enough sauce/cheese)
I'll try again soon!! 


Dinner: Lasagne was a mess :S 
I ate it with rice!! Not bad though.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment