Friday, 3 June 2011

a mum who acts like a kid

Lazy, quiet day at home, with a very nice, though hot weather. Flatmate still hasn't come back yet. Finally I called the United Utilities to ask why we didn't received any water bill since we had moved in. The customer service lady said that according to the system, they were told someone had moved in (after us) and so they set up another account (not in my name). So she re-activated our account and would send us a bill!! And I found through my online account that we'd have to pay £526 for the time we moved in till 28th Jan 2011!! What a big amount!! :(  Sigh, another big expense... Anyway, it's better to sort it out asap rather than avoiding it. I should have a better idea of the expenses of the flat. I feel like I haven't got much idea of what's going on with those expenses, e.g. BT, o2 Broadband, which my flatmate has been taking care of but even she herself can't remember how much we are paying per month!? Anyway, I'll know how to do better next time when sharing a flat with other people.

Though the weather was nice (which we don't have very often!), I was a bit lazy to go out.. Finally I did go to the gym, a bit later than usual (almost 1 p.m.) and so had lunch later than usual as well. It was so hot that many people on the street wore short-sleeve t-shirts. Hmm, should I get my summer clothes out? I wanted to bring my E1 baby with me but had no idea where I could take photos and so dropped the idea. After my late lunch, I started feeling sleepy (a bit tired), plus the headache I got, which may be due to the pain in my nose :( So I had a nap...

I gave a call to mum as she told me on msn that she had collected her body check report. The doctor at the body check centre said her left heart was getting bigger, which may have something to do with her high blood pressure, and he asked my mum to take blood pressure medicine for two weeks. Mum asked one of my aunts, who suggested her going to the gov't doctors and asked them to refer her to the specialist for a check again. I agreed with my aunt that mum should have a check on her heart again, just in case. After all, she's getting old. I asked mum if she felt unwell and she said she always felt unwell all over her body! Well, looks like my mum is like her daughter, who hasn't taken good care of her body till the problems arise! She stayed up late while waking up early (so not enough sleep), and ate cold foodstuff (e.g. ice-cream) and chilli sauce, which was why she said she didn't feel well with her stomach and she felt tired! I asked her if she'd tell my brothers about her body check report. She said if they asked, she'd tell them; if not, she wouldn't! :S.... Sometimes I feel like my mum is like a kid...

*****
Waiting for a free shuttle bus to go back home.
See where I was?! :p

Breakfast: the little bread from Morrisons; tasted ok, still soft after 2 days

Lunch: macaroni with a chicken leg & chicken wing, and broccoli in tomato soup
(the chicken was still good and tasty!)

Dinner: very simple - steak pasty with baked beans & broccoli
(can't just keep eating roast chicken; need to eat those pasties as well!)

Dinner: see what was inside the pasty!

Dessert: banoffee muffin
(the muffin tasted ok, not very sweet, but I'd still prefer a blueberry muffin!)

What a nice weather! But it may be very short... 

No comments:

Post a Comment