Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Good chats with friends about life and people

A busy day yesterday! So too tired to write anything last night (and I wanted to be a good girl by going to bed early) :p

Had a lunch gathering with an ex-colleague who had gone back to HK four years ago. She was visiting her younger brother with her mum for two weeks. It was also a good time for me to meet with some other old friends. Two of them are now mothers and they were the earliest to be at the Chinese restaurant with their children then! One of them was amazing, having to look after her 11-month old son and 3-year old daughter (and she still has a 5-year old daughter going to school!) while we yum cha. And later when we left, she was heading to a Chinese supermarket, which was quite a long walk away, with her two kids carrying lots of things as well! I can't imagine how I could handle a situation like that if I had two kids to look after! Anyway, we had a good chat at yum cha. All of us were trying to update what we had been up to. I had too little to say, as my future was too uncertain. One of the conversation topics was my ex-employer, the organization which I used to work for previously. None but one of us was still working there. It seemed everyone who had worked there before was not satisfied or happy with my ex-employer!

After yum cha, I had a drink at Debenhams cafe (which was actually a good place for drinks/chats) with two of them who had no children. My ex-colleague from HK told me and the other ex-colleague a lot about her stressful job in Hong Kong, strange things about people in HK she had met, men in HK (how difficult it was to find a good mature man!), one of our ex-colleagues, some stories about friends who had got married and had conflicts with their mothers-in-law. A very good chat indeed. Felt like there were friends who thought on the same line with you and shared some good observations/experience.

But having heard of those things about people and working in HK, I was 'terrified' and couldn't see a good prospect of going back to HK. :S But a chat with one of them later about working in the UK (her experience of working now again for our ex-employer) made me feel working in the UK wasn't better. Everyone there was news about which company/shop was to close down their branches, or go into administration, or lay off some of their staff, strikes, etc.

I also had an enjoyable burger dinner and good chat with another ex-colleague of mine at Giraffe. I complained about my flatmate who was so immature and selfish. I couldn't use a sensible way to deal with problems with her because she's just so ridiculous and can't see her mistakes. She makes me become a bad person while she's trying to be a 'good' person (in her eyes)! She's not the only immature person I know. When I looked back, I found there're many immature people like her who never know their own problems/mistakes but insist they're right and others are wrong and bad people.

What has this world become? It seems everything and people are not as right as they should be? Or, maybe that's life, that's how we can become a better person (by realizing those strange, ridiculous people/things and reflecting)?! I'm impressed by what one of my ex-colleagues said, 'variety is the spice of life, but sometimes too much spice gives us upset stomach!' (no wonder I've got upset stomach frequently! :p)

*****

Not many photos taken yesterday, since I forgot to bring with me my E1 baby!

(no photos on lunch food)

Drinks at Debenhams

What a sunny day!

Dinner: burgers at Giraffe
(the portion was not as big as and the sauce was not as in GBK!)

No comments:

Post a Comment