Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Eat, eat, eat

Today was about meeting ex-colleagues again and eat eat eat!

I was awake early this morning around 6 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. I have been awake around 5 or 6 a.m. these days, though I did try to get back to sleep till 8 or 9 a.m. Is it a sign of aging? Some of my friends also have the same problem. Is it related to the weather or our physical body? I'm not sure about the answer.

I had lunch with an ex-colleague at McDonalds. I bumped into another ex-colleague of ours. So we three had McDonalds  lunch together. My ex-colleague had a happy meal and gave me a gift attached to the happy meal! After lunch we met another ex-colleague of mine! It seems city centre is really a 'dangerous' zone where you're likely to bump into people you know! :P



Had dinner gathering with my ex-colleagues at a newly open buffet restaurant tonight. I don't fancy buffet that much since I have some bad experiences with buffet before. But it was nice to have a gathering with ex-colleagues, even though I didn't speak much but just kept eating and eating! Maybe I just didn't want others to ask me much about what I was up to. In the past when I knew I'd have a big meal like buffet, I'd try not to eat much during the day but now I'll still eat as usual and I won't eat too much in the buffet  so as not to starve stomach for too long and stuff too many things in it in a short time. Still tonight I ate double my normal dinner portions. A bit disappointed at the number of dishes in the buffet; I expected more food than what I saw tonight. Not many vegetables; too much spicy food and meat. Haha, obviously it's not a good place for people who want healthy diets. But in general the food tasted ok. The most impressive food to me was waffles!! They're a bit like the 雞蛋仔 in Hong Kong. I wish I could take some away privately :P

Finally I started revising for my ACCA papers. Not a good progress though!

*****

Buffet dinner: 1st plate
there're different kinds of potatoes - I like the wedge ones and roasted one! The lamb was good

Buffet dinner: 2nd plate
I tried to take each kind in a small amount - the lamb with couscous was quite good

Buffet dinner: 3rd plate
I like the naan bread in a kind of lentils sauce; chicken sausage was good; plus potato wedges!

Buffet dinner: 4th plate
Oh, I like the waffle most!! Creme brulee and mini pancake were good too! 
cheesecake was not like cheesecake... 


The Mcdonald happy meal gift

No comments:

Post a Comment