*****
My ex-colleague invited me to her daughter's play at school yesterday afternoon. I met her and her friend in Falowfield and we were a bit late for the play. Fortunately we didn't miss it. To be honest, as a graduate in English (literature & linguistics) who has studied Shakespeare and other English literature before (oh, more than 10 years ago!!), I still couldn't understand much about the play. But I can see it was quite fun to do a play like that. I wish I could go back to my youth. And occasionally I'd like to spend some time reading those poems, fictions and plays again. While part of me is interested in more practical studies in linguistics, the other part of me can be quite 'romantic' and like to read/write some literature! :P
*****
Had a good time shopping at Morrisons today. Actually didn't expect to do shopping there. I had lunch with someone there then. As usual, we had roast chicken!! Plus breakfast omelette. Oh I really love having lunch at Morrisons. The portions are big and tasty at a reasonable price! Since it was Sunday, shops were closed a bit early, and therefore there were some reduced price items around 3:30 p.m. Some customers seemed to be very 'professional' in getting reduced price stuff. One of them got a basket full of reduced price items!! We saw him at those bakery counters waiting for the staff to place the items out. We should have followed him! Anyway we were fortunate and quick enough to get some pies, pasty and bread at reduced prices! Plus my favourite speedy snax burgers! :) It seems shopping has become an important part of life again since I went back to being a student. It's a source of sense of achievement and also is an important 'leisure' activity for me.
Thanks to someone who has taken me to different places/towns for shopping, which broadened my knowledge about local shopping places. It does enrich my life and made it more enjoyable. :)
*****
Feel like I don't really have good communication with my flatmate. Is it my fault? What happened is, her boyfriend has been coming to our flat quite often these days and he even got the keys to come here anytime, which I have mentioned in this blog before. I talked to my flatmate yesterday about this, trying to issue my concern in a polite way. She explained that he needed her help and so it'd be more convenient if he came here with the keys. I was ok with her 'reason' but I just thought, without saying that to her, why didn't she tell me beforehand? The misunderstanding could arise because of her not telling me what's happening!
Then today, when I was home while flatmate had gone out, her boyfriend pressed the button at the entrance, I didn't let him in. Actually I wasn't sure who it was that asked to come to our flat, though I knew definitely that it wouldn't be someone I know. Then somehow he managed to entered the building and he knocked on the door of our flat. I still didn't go and check. I guess it was him but I didn't feel comfortable letting him in. My flatmate didn't tell me he would come! My flatmate came back later with him. I don't know what they'd think of me not opening the door for him but I just feel that's really not my responsibility to let someone, who I'm not familiar with, into my flat, without being told he/she's coming. Am I too 'traditional' in that I don't let people in? Maybe they think it's 'normal' to let them in? I don't know. But I just don't feel good that it seems like it's my fault but actually it's not! Anyway...
Got a potential flatmate viewing my flat today. I do hope she can become my new flatmate coz she looks like quite nice and I can stay in my flat, though that may mean I have to spend some extra money (on admin fees, etc.) and sort out some issues...
Dinner yesterday: one of my favourite!!
Dinner yesterday: yummy fish with rice in sweetcorn soup base
Bargain: 9p for 7 bagels!! Around 1.3 pence for 1 bagel!
2 blueberry & lemon Croissant for 45p only!
Bargain: 85p for two pasties
Dinner tonight: spinach + burger with egg
Lunch yesterday: tuna subway
Lunch today: very nice roast chicken + breakfast omelette :)
No comments:
Post a Comment