Friday, 20 May 2011

a lovely day with ex-colleagues

Today was all about meeting my ex-colleagues. Had fish & lunch first; then a nice coffee & chat at Costa; dinner at Chiquito. Not just kept chatting but also eating! If you ask me what I miss so much after leaving that 'small society' organization, I'd say it's my ex colleagues (& volunteers!). Actually most of my friends in the UK were my ex colleagues/volunteers. It's not easy to keep in touch with ex-colleagues once you no longer work with them. So I appreciate the gatherings with them! It's good that our conversation no longer centres around the 'small society' organization or it doesn't focus on work but rather it's about our own life and views that we'd like to share. Maybe we all are at a stage of finding the direction of life or at the transition stage...

Receiving a present from someone has also made my day. It's not the present itself but the thought and efforts that went into it, that made me touched. For me, gifts are a form of expressing your feelings to someone. I do like the gift. Appreciate it a lot. Thank you!

(a bit tired today, so though I do want to write more about my feelings/thoughts, I have to keep today's post a bit short! :P)

*****


Breakfast: oat porridge with banana & blueberry! 
(hmm, tasted a bit too sweet with fruit; I'd prefer plain oat porridge)

Lunch: fish & chips!!
(can't remember since when I love this dish! From time to time I'd feel like eating it)

Pudding pie, perfect with gravy!
(it's become my favourite becoz of someone)

Dinner: apple flower drink
(a bit too sweet & sour, probably becoz of too many lime?)

Dinner: chicken wings in bbq sauce; tasted ok

Dinner: meatball
(yummy, though a bit spicy; I quite like that bread/cake thingy)

Dinner: classic burger with chips
(burger ok, but I'd still prefer GBK ones!)

Dinner: (chicken) wrap
(tasted good)

Dinner: something with fish & vegetables + rice!
(fish was good, as well as the rice!)

No comments:

Post a Comment