Today I received a surprise gift from a HK friend of mine (Let's call her 'tall girl', since that's the name my mum calls her!). She sent me a handmade necklace she had bought from a flea market in HK. From time to time she sends me something like this. A very caring friend. Last time after I had told her about my stomach problems, she sent me a pack of soup ingredients and a box of korean ginseng tea. It's been more than 10 years since we became friends and from time to time she sent me some little gifts.
Got a call from my ex-colleague this morning. She said another ex-colleague of ours would like to yum cha. So we three 'si lai' went yum cha at Chinatown. Our work and employer/bosses were still the main topics of our conversation. Actually the organization/my ex-employer is getting further away from me now - it no longer plays a part in my everyday life and however upset I felt in the past, I can't be bothered now. Anyway, it was a relaxing lunch. No rush. No pressure. Just random chat and updated each other.
Got a bit of stomach pain and acid reflex last night. Not sure if sweet potato is the cause. I had similar symptoms last week after eating sweet potatoes. :( Looks like I have to stop eating sweet potatoes??
I should have started doing my ACCA revision today. Still I didn't feel motivated to work on it.
The handmade necklace sent by 'tall girl'
The wrapping bag is so cute!! Can be recycled. :)
Breakfast: the bagel bought from Morrisons and cheese was a good combination!
Plus oat porridge (with blueberry)
Lunch: with my favourite - 'cheung fun' and tofu rice
Dinner: egg fried rice with chicken, cashews, carrots and courgette
No comments:
Post a Comment