The little household lady’s schedule today:
1) Going to gym and did 25 minutes; was a bit too tired to do a lot, plus expecting some more ‘exercise’ when walking to and from the Chinese embassy later on
2) Went to Chinese embassy in Rusholme to get my old HK passport back; happy to have it back and take it home
3) Took a no.147 bus and got off at St. Mary Hospital , which has now been fully refurbished with all the new buildings…
4) Also got reminded of those old schooldays when I was still doing my phd – those Indian shops in Rusholme where I used to dine out with my phd classmates, especially my Taiwanese and Syrian classmates; and also those student halls, one of which I used to live in when I was doing my Master
5) Visited the Main Library of the University of Manchester which I have access to via my alumni card which will expire next June. The library has been refurbished and things have been more computerized. I tried the self-service for borrowing!
6) Got texts from o2 who said our broandband & phone line would be ready on 10th Aug! Then in the evening when I checked my o2 text, it said they can’t sign me up because of my credit rating!! >_< Oh how come it’s so troublesome? Does that imply I won’t be able to get o2 broadband at the end?!
7) Made Chinese soup with chicken & ‘fish maw’ (花膠)
8) Used BT fon to check email and look for some information; the access was still not stable though..
9) Had dinner at McDonalds; the apple pie was too sweet…
*****
Lunch: yummy salmon!
Ingredients for today's soup
Dinner at McDonalds
a book borrowed from the Man U library...
No comments:
Post a Comment