Tuesday, 19 July 2011

What a day of bumping into people

How interesting it was that I bumped into quite a few of people that I hadn't seen for a long while.

First I got a busy morning. Went to gym at 9 a.m. Having sweated my body and done a shower to refresh myself, I rushed back home to drop my gym stuff and get my clothes changed. Then I went to the Chinese Consul of General in Longsight to submit my application form for renewing my Hong Kong passport. It's been a long long time since I last went there. Fortunately I still had a vague idea of how to go there. 10 years ago I went there to apply for my first HKSAR passport (it was BNO before then). A new office for passports section has been built there. There were a number of people in the queue when I got there. The procedure was more troublesome than I had expected. The lady at the counter asked me to fill in an application for Hong Kong Permanent ID card! :S I told her I got my HK ID card already but she said the Hong Kong Government requested them to ask the applicants to fill in that form if they had the latest HK ID card. :S Then I was told to submit a photocopy of my HK ID card. There wasn't much time left then before the office was closed. So I did the photocopying there for 50p/copy!! The lady cut down one of my three photos :S Hopefully my application will be ok and I can get my new HK passport soon..

Since I spent £1 for two photocopies for the application, I decided to spend more than half an hour walking back to the city centre instead of paying another £1 for bus fare.

What a coincidence that I met three people whom I hadn't seen a long time. First I met a Chinese couple at the Chinese Consul whom I used to help when I was still working at the Chinese organization. Their new born baby was 8 months old already. Last time when I saw him, he was less than one month old!! He grew up so fast - he's another baby/child whom I saw growing so fast. The other day I was telling a friend of mine that children nowadays grow up much faster than our generation. The couple's son was so cute and he kept smiling. :)  When I was walking back to the city centre, I met a volunteer whom I used to work with. He's going back to China tonight for holiday! Oh! How lucky I was to meet him before he was flying back. Later when I went out in the early evening, I met my old flatmate's flatmate and her friend who I also knew. I hadn't seen them for more than a year!

One of my ex-colleagues has got a job! Good for her! :) It seems people around me all have jobs to do, while I still got nothing (though I have to admit that I haven't worked hard enough to look for a job!)...

Anyway, I cheered up myself by having my favourite GBK dinner tonight. It was as good as always!

*****

Lunch: noodles with pork & spring green

Dinner: GBK - Elderflower

Dinner: GBK - Cheese Bacon
I love the burger with melted cheese!




Hello, I'm alien GBK no.1! :P

Hello, I'm GBK Alien no.2!

No comments:

Post a Comment