Saturday, 8 October 2011

Happy gathering with friends

A rainy cool day. Happy to have a gathering with friends and do shopping and take a nap.

I had lunch with my ex-colleagues at a Korean restaurant. It was the first time we four ladies had a gathering together and we were happy to chat about different things, though most of all about my ex-employer, particularly the person who managed the accounts! The more we talked about their bad things and complicated inter-relationship (women!), the more I found how 'ugly' they can be and I should feel lucky not to work there any more. They let us know there're so many ridiculous things and people. But however many times we all have got 'cheated' and 'exploited' while we worked for them, at least we still keep our integrity..

After lunch, we each had different things to do - two of them were going out with their husbands and children. Another ex-colleague of mine was going to do shopping with her best friend. At that moment I did feel a bit lonely... Anyway, I had to do shopping too. I got a very long shopping list this week (which week do I not have a long list? :p). There were so many shoppers at Arndale Centre and at city centre. It wasn't fun doing shopping with so many shoppers while it was raining! My ex-colleague accompanied me to shopping for a while but to be honest, I'd prefer doing shopping on my own since I could take time to compare prices and choose things, whereas when I was with her, I tried to finish shopping asap since I didn't want her to wait.

 I had a nap for nearly two hours after going back home. I didn't feel like doing anything when the weather was cold and rainy outside. Still feel a bit upset about my health.


Breakfast: the cheese pretzel from Waitrose 
Quite nice, but apart from having a bit of cheese flavour, it didn't seem any different from other bread! 

Lunch at the Korean restaurant: potato pancakes - oily but tasted good! 

Vegetable dumplings. Nice.  

My all-time favourite: stone rice (beef)
Nice, but it didn't have much beef..  

Dinner: I steamed the tofu with 甜梅菜 & pork; the broccoli was fried with garlic.
I bought a pack of ready-to-eat beetroot. I think beetroot is good for health?  

No comments:

Post a Comment