Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Have I forgotten 'live for today'?

Still schoolday. Still poor rainy weather. Felt better though.

After yesterday's 'nightmare' morning experience, I woke up around 7:50 a.m. this morning. Without the need to prepare lunchbox, I could feel more relaxed, enjoying my breakfast and getting ready for class without rush. A good early start to the day can make a difference for the rest of the day. I felt a bit worried about today's media messaging session organized by the funding body for my previous project - I wondered if they knew that I'd be absent. Anyway, whether they knew or not and whether they were upset by my absence shouldn't bother me much. I got to the college by 9:25 a.m. and I was a bit surprised that there were only a few of my classmates in the classroom when I went in. The majority came in later than 9:30 a.m. Even the tutor came to the classroom a bit later than usual. How come when I went to class early, other people went in late while when I was late, they were all on time?! Anyway, the class today was still about tax - those capital gains tax, shares, reliefs, and lots of proforma/layouts to remember! As I said to my ex-colleague last night, it seems accounting is all about using those proformas to keep one's financial records tidy and calculate their entitlements/taxes, etc. So bored! :p

I had a chat with my ex-colleague on the phone last night.  I needed some 'counselling' or 'advice'. I did feel better after a chat with her. As she said, we can't get everything - when we want to get something, we have to give up another thing; we shouldn't be worried too much about the future as it's out of our control anyway; what's most important is we live for today (as the title of my blog says!), treasure the time we spend with our beloved ones. I know all those things but sometimes I need someone to 'remind' me. Time to get back to my Buddhism reading/study!

Oh stomach seemed not to have a good day today. I did enjoy a good lunch at McDonalds (oh I'm in love with its potato wedges!) but from the afternoon onward, my stomach started feeling a bit unwell, like there's something in it ('un' 胃). I still can have appetite to eat but not as much as usual. :(


Lunch:  Mcdonalds - I like the potato wedges! :)

 Dinner: I needed a healthy and simple meal..

No comments:

Post a Comment