I did a bit of translation on the anthology before going to gym in the morning. With the same amount of time spent on the same machine, I seemed to sweat less today. Is it because the weather got cooler and so my body needed more time to warm up? After gym, I suddenly felt like having some soup today - probably the cooler weather made me need something warm. I remembered there were some carrots and a potato at home; so I bought a green 'carrot' from the Chinatown to make soup together with other ingredients.
Nearly half of the anthology was translated in the afternoon - I actually didn't need to translate the whole anthology but I just wanted to see if that'd help me to decide what the anthology should be like.
I didn't like the poor weather - cold, with showers every now and then.
The headline today was the founder of Apple, Steve Jobs, passed away. I'm not a fan of Apple (too expensive for me to afford! :p) but I do like his philosophy:
"Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love."
"Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important."
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle."
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
Lunch: simple & healthy
Broccoli fried with chicken breasts & green beans + omelette with garden peas
Dinner: pasta with meatballs :)
No comments:
Post a Comment